APN Settings for proper DATA and MMS

Thank you for visiting the NET10 Forum, your one-stop resource for NET10 information.

APN Settings for proper DATA and MMS

Postby Ainvar » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:18 pm

What is the deal with elevntybillion APN settings?

Does NET10 have a clue on the correct APN settings for a Smartphone?

I know my phone works cause my Tmobile prepaid microsim works with no problems in my Nexus 4

The ATT microsim from NET10 does not work with the APN settings on their website, in the welcome pamplet that came with the sim cards that I purchased from Target. Also they have different APN settings in the forum. Why so many different settings?

Horribly slow support... I am sure if these people needed support and we were this slow in providing it, they would be complaining also.

So far I have been asked by che1, NET10 - Jhonally , and Net - Felice to check my PMs.

Only Che1 and Net - Felice sent me a PM.

Of the two above CS/TS people che1 has responded to me once more.

I still dont have my issue resolved and it seems I am not the only one.

What is the problem? Why not provide a howto wiki with the correct APN settings based on which sim card model and carrier you have and also based on model/os/make of phone? Let us serve ourselves!
Ainvar

Re: APN Settings for proper DATA and MMS

Postby samsung2013 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:23 am

im having the same problem someone please help i have a unlocked att htc inspire 4g
samsung2013

Postby Ainvar » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:20 am

samsung2013 wrote:im having the same problem someone please help i have a unlocked att htc inspire 4g

Dont hold your breath. Your chances of getting support from this company is less than winning the mega millions lottery three times in a row.

I think their support is as mythical as a baby unicorn.
Ainvar

Postby xghsl » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:55 pm

Omg I can't believe this BS.

I have called the support number, spoken to different people and no one is able to help me figure out why my phone can't send picture messages??

Come on now net10 I had hopes for you. Everything else is working fine except I can't send or receive MMS. It is not crucial but it is annoying as hell.

YOU NEED TO FIND THE WAY TO FIX THIS AND GIVING YOUR EMPLOYEES INSTRUCTIONS TO TELL CUSTOMERS TO GO TO YOUTUBE AND LOOK UP ANSWERS THERE IS NOT PROFESSIONAL.

I will blow this forum up until someone gives me answers and my problem is fixed.
xghsl

Postby Ainvar » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:51 pm

I actually got this to work. I deleted all APN from the phone rebooted and then created the APN with the information below. It worked that way. I was able to duplicate this 2 times now with success. I also think it had to do with them resetting some information on their end also.

Thank you for your request to receive information regarding NET10 services.

Please click here or visit www.NET10.com at any time to browse our website for information and instructions on how to get the most out of your NET10. Once you have reached your phone's APN (Access Point Name) setting:

1.Create a new APN with the following values:

APN Name: NET10
APN: wap.tracfone
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32
MMS Port: 80

2. Delete the current APN from your phone.
3. Turn your phone off and back on.
If you need further instructions on how to create the new APN (Data Settings) click here.

For iPhone customers:

Access Wi-Fi, and then url (iapnupdate.net10.com) from your iPhone to update your APN settings automatically. If you no longer wish to receive our e-mail advertisements, simply unsubscribe. Unsubscribe. Please do not reply to this e-mail as we are not able to respond to messages sent to this address.

Click here to find answers to your questions on our website.

If you have a NET10 My Account and wish to update your e-mail address, enter your changes under "Change Login Info " in "My Account".

© 2011 NET10 is a registered trademark of TracFone Wireless, Inc, a subsidiary of American Movil.

We respect your privacy. Click here to view our Privacy Policy.

NET10 9700 N.W. 112 Avenue Miami, FL 33178
Ainvar

Postby acehead » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:14 pm

Tried it on my T-Mobile phone
Only getting edge
My touch 4g
acehead

Postby Hobojoe00 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:13 am

You need to jailbreak your phone If you want pic messaging. The iapnupdate only fixes the data not the mms. Once you jailbreak you can add a tweak witch gives you access to the apn settings menu like you have on your tmobile iPhone . Once you enter the apn settings manually you can use pic msg . I'm a dealer and net10 doesn't tell me anything , u figure out all this stuff on my own .
Hobojoe00

Postby utog196 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:33 pm

Does anyone know if using a Net10 t mobile sim card, is data only going to be edge or will it be 3g/4g? Also what will be the correct apn settings if I used that TM Net10 sim card. I currently have a Net 10 At&t sim card in my phone and the apn settings on the Net10 sim support did not even work, I had to google and find the correct apn settings by trial and error. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.
utog196

Postby joopyhellspawn » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:27 am

Using the APN instructions provided by Net10 at their site I have data, shows 4g, and I can send MMS but I can not receive MMS. Texting works in and out though. That worked even when I don't have data. I purposely have the WiFi turned off for now but even when I have had it on, the MMS would not receive.

I have tried countless settings that I have found on the net. Using the settings posted above gives me neither data nor MMS.

I brought over a new unlocked Pantech Burst originally provisioned for AT&T.

I would really like to receive MMS on my phone. If I can't get it fixed I will just stay with Cricket where I love my phone and everything works. I was hoping to save $10 a month by coming back to Net10 but not going to stay here if MMS is only one way.
joopyhellspawn

Postby joopyhellspawn » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:14 pm

I am unable to delete the original APN on the phone. I am not using it though so I don't see how it's being there should prevent me from receiving MMS.

To reiterate: I have data and I can send MMS but I can not receive MMS. Simple texting works fine.

Using new unlocked Pantech Burst originally provisioned for AT&T. Not rooted running Gingerbread 2.3.6. I plan on upgrading it to ICS as soon as I can get my hands on a Windows PC.
joopyhellspawn

Next

Return to Welcome