Welcome to NET10, now we're going to screw you

Thank you for visiting the NET10 Forum, your one-stop resource for NET10 information.

Welcome to NET10, now we're going to screw you

Postby chads84 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:32 pm

So, I started with NET10 in December of 2012. I cancelled my contract with AT&T because I was promised that I would receive the same service as I received with AT&T without the high costs associated with paying for data services, etc. When I called the first time and spoke with a sales rep, they told me that I could literally do anything that I wanted and I was under no threat to have my data services suspended, throttled, capped or anything. I asked specifically "so you're telling me that I can literally sit on youtube or pandora all day long and nothing will happen?" And the short answer I received was "yes".
So I started with NET10 on 12/27/12. By 1/3, my data services were throttled. When I called to complain, I was told that there was a "glitch in the system" and my services were restored...for a couple of days. On 1/7, my data services were completly disconnected (this happens a lot by the way) because I "violated sections 6 and 7 of the terms of service". When I looked up the terms and conditions, I found out that 6 & 7 have to do with "high data usage". On an UNLIMITED plan, I thought that was exactly what you got, was UNLIMITED service. However, NET10 likes to use bait and switch tactics to do whatever they want.
Over the past four months, I have had so much trouble with NET10 that they are not worth the price, even if my services WERE unlimited. I have to call in every 3 days or so because something is messed up with my phone. I've had sim cards go "bad", the data stops working out of the blue, and no one and I mean absolutely NO ONE at NET10 wants to help.
Currently, my data is "suspended" and my wifes data is "suspended", however we were told when we purchased new "UNLIMITED" cards, then our data would be restored. Well, it never was. And now the geniuses at NET10 are saying we have to wait an entire 30 days before our services will be restored. This whole operation is messed up, and I will be jumping into this huge class action lawsuit that is sure to be coming down the pike for tracfone. I cannot believe I have wasted so much of my time and gone through so much frustration for a company that could CARE LESS about it's customers.
Please, if you are thinking, even remotely about switching to NET10, please don't do it, for your sanity and your wallet's sake. It is NOT WORTH IT!!!!
chads84

Re: Welcome to NET10, now we're going to screw you

Postby Stephanie » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi chads84. My name is NET10 Stephanie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you!
Net - Stephanie
Stephanie

Postby porkchopxpress78 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:53 pm

Yup. I'm in the same boat. Still fighting with them. Been ask 3 times by 3 different mods for my phones serial number with ZERO resolution. I even opened up a trouble ticket and they said it was an issue with my phone. When i go to the site on my COMPUTER, it won't load any flash or anything saying my account is suspended or capped. I know for a fact it's a provisioning issue. Best bet is to open up ticket with the BBB. They could probably get a resolution faster than their 'tech support'.
porkchopxpress78

Postby chads84 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:55 pm

So here's the reply via "private message" that I just got from Stephanie

"Hi,

Please be advised that your data service on both phones are now suspended. It will automatically be updated on your next redemption period. Please refer to our online Terms and Conditions for more information about data usage.

Thank you!"

So either no one is paying attention or no one cares, because I explained that I DID have a new redemption period, and my data services WERE NEVER RESTORED!!!!!!! This is how you get treated when you're with net10, like you're some kind of criminal.
chads84

Postby chads84 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:01 pm

Here's the next little nugget of info I received via my "private message":

Hi,

Please be advised that it is automatically updated by the network. We cannot update that manually in our end. If the data has not been updated, then we can no longer update that in our end.

Thank you!

So they can't do anything to help you, or wont do anything to help you. They don't care about you or your money. This company is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! Please don't spend a dime with them, and I'm going to be filing a complaint via the better business bureau.
chads84

Postby porkchopxpress78 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:03 pm

Actually, they can update on their end. I've been on the phone with them when they did. So they lied to ya.
porkchopxpress78

Postby chads84 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:11 pm

Of course they can. To think that there's some magical computer there that no one has access to is rediculous. I cannot believe that they treat people like this. There is no reason for it. They should give the paying customer the benefit of the doubt and help them however the customer needs to be helped. This data cap thing is garbage. It's like they have two seperate definitions of how the company is supposed to work. I hate net10 and I will never waste another dime with them.
chads84

Postby porkchopxpress78 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:18 pm

Unfortunately, I don't have much of an option where I'm at. AT&T is way too pricey, but I might switch because there are actual real life people to talk to in their store. Not these bots on a forum that spew out canned answers.
porkchopxpress78

Postby andrewkerwin » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:28 pm

I'm in the same boat. Suspended for some violation that they cannot substantiate (because it does not exist)

We need to find a good lawyer to take this case. Anyone have any ideas? I'll bet we could get hundreds of people on board with this.
andrewkerwin

Postby porkchopxpress78 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:17 pm

Staright from the BBB's website:

On February 15, 2013, TracFone Wireless, Inc. responded to BBB's concerns. In regards to the consumers alleging their phones are deactivated for excessive data usage although the consumer participates in an unlimited plan; TracFone Wireless states the unlimited product offerings are subject to the terms and conditions of the service. The terms and conditions prohibit certain activities. Unlimited service is intended for personal use by individuals. It is not intended for commercial use, machine to machine communication, or other prohibited purposes. Two examples of the most common prohibited uses are tethering the phone to other devices to access the internet or continuous video streaming. TracFone is constantly monitoring their customers' data usage patterns to detect users in violation of the terms and conditions. Customers engaged in prohibited activities receive a warning and they have an opportunity to troubleshoot their usage patterns to identify and correct any problems. Customers who continue to violate the terms and conditions of the service repeatedly are deactivated.

I don't know about anyone else, but i never received a warning.
porkchopxpress78

Next

Return to Welcome