Insufficient memory on LG 900g

Thank you for visiting the NET10 Forum, your one-stop resource for NET10 information.

Insufficient memory on LG 900g

Postby csrichter » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:02 pm

When trying to download applications or access some web pages on the LG 900g, I frequently receive the message, "Insufficient memory, unable to proceed", after which I am disconnected from the web. I have installed an 8GB memory card and selected external memory as the primary storage, but the phone does not seem to recognize this, as no files are stored on the external memory, and the primary storage setting always automatically reverts back to handset memory.
Any suggestions on how to fix these problems?
csrichter

Re: Insufficient memory on LG 900g

Postby Jessica1 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:23 am

Good day, csrichter. Sorry for the trouble. My name is Jessica Net and I'll be addressing your concern. Before you will install any other applications, try to download an application like "Opera Mini" for you not to receive "insufficient memory" error. If your phone is not recognizing the memory, make sure it's compatible with the phone and set to Primary Storage Settings. You may also need to format your memory card to begin using it. From the home screen press Menu then select Settings. Choose Memory info and select External memory. Press Format and enter the password, which is set to 0000 as default. Your memory card will be formatted and ready to use. To view the new formatted folders on your LG 900G press Menu and select My Folder. Choose "My memory card". Please take note that when you format your memory card, all the content will be wiped. If you do not want to lose the data on your memory card, back it up first. Hope this helps. Let us know. Thank you.
Jessica1

Postby csrichter » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:48 pm

Jessica, Thanks for the browser suggestion. Loaded and application called Bolt, which seems to be working much better.

Regarding the memory card, the phone does recognize the memory card, but continues to store pictures, etc., in the handset memory, rather than the external memory, even though the primary storage is set to external memory. Is there something else that needs to be done so that the phone will automatically save to the external memory card?
csrichter

Postby Jessica1 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:54 pm

Good day, csrichter. Are you done formatting the memory card? Please let us know. Thank you.
Jessica1

Postby csrichter » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:19 am

Yes, I have formatted the memory card. What's next?
csrichter

Postby Jessica1 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:30 am

csrichter: Can you now download more applications on the phone? Please let us know. Thank you.
Jessica1

Postby csrichter » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:13 pm

I still receive the same "insufficient memory" error when using the default browser, however, using Bolt I am able to download applications.

Although the phone recognizes the memory card, it only recognizes 4GB of the 8GB card, and will not use the memory card as the primary storage to store pictures, etc.
csrichter

Postby Jessica1 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:23 pm

csrichter: It's a known issue and we're trying to fix it out but you will still be able to use the full 8GB when downloading applications using "Bolt". As soon as we figured it out, your settings will be just automatically changed. Hope this helps. Thank you.
Jessica1

Postby csrichter » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:28 pm

OK, but how do I have the phone use the external memory as the primary storage? In Settings I have indicated external memory as the primary storage setting, but things are still stored to the internal memory.
csrichter

Postby Jessica1 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:24 pm

csrichter: We'll try to figure it out and we'll get back to you for a resolution as I have already provided you with the instruction on how to but you stated that it didn't work. Thank you.
Jessica1

Next

Return to Welcome