Bought used phone. Can't add it to my account

Thank you for visiting the NET10 Forum, your one-stop resource for NET10 information.

Bought used phone. Can't add it to my account

Postby tim42163 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:09 pm

I damaged my LG R451C phone. I bought another, second-hand from another individual. I called & activated it to replace my old one. Transferred phone number, remaining days & minutes. It is working well.

However, I just tried to register it in my Net10 account. I get a "Failed" message with this explanation:

We are sorry, the Serial Number you entered is associated with another account. Please check the number and try again with a different Serial Number or login into My Account.

I assume the previous owner has it registered to his account. I did send previous owner a message asking him to delete the phone from his account. However, I do not know if that will be successful. Thanks.
tim42163

Re: Bought used phone. Can't add it to my account

Postby Lindsay » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:41 am

Hi tim42163. My name is Net10 Lindsay. We are sorry for the trouble. Let me help you. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly at the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Lindsay

Postby tarheelmama » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:47 pm

I'm having the exact same issue. I bought my friend's old phone when she got a smart phone. The website won't let me add the phone to my new account because the serial number is already associated with my friend's account. It won't let her delete her old phone from her account without deleting her new phone as well. So we are having issues trying to pay for minutes online because it sends the activation code to her instead of me.
tarheelmama

Postby Shelly » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:02 am

Hi, tarheelmama. My name is NET Shelly. Sorry that you're having a problem. In order for us to assist you on this matter, we may need to speak to your friend directly to verify the account information. I will contact you directly with a private message so we can address this issue further. Thank you.
Net10 - Shelly
Shelly

Postby tim42163 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:14 pm

The issue was resolved and I was able to activate the phone, and this is how it was resolved: I contacted the previous owner of the phone, and asked her to remove the phone from her Net10 account. She removed the phone from her account, and then I was able to add it to my account. Then I was able to activate. Thanks.
tim42163

Return to Welcome