How do you update LGL45C??

How do you update LGL45C??

Postby solorzanoerik » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:14 am

How do you update LGL45C? It always gives me authencification error. Even with different Wi-Fi connections. Please help me!! Anyone!!!
solorzanoerik

Re: How do you update LGL45C??

Postby david » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi Solorzanoerik,

My name is Net10 David. We are sorry for the trouble. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum.

Thank you.
david

Postby Lord_Jereth » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:10 am

Having the EXACT same problem. Can you send me the same info if you were able to solve this problem?

Thanks,

8-) LJ
Lord_Jereth

Postby MDonah » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:18 am

solorzanoerik wrote:How do you update LGL45C? It always gives me authencification error. Even with different Wi-Fi connections. Please help me!! Anyone!!!

Are you by any chance using the library's wi-fi? I had the same problem at my library. They don't allow downloads even over wi-fi and filter the sites you can go to with your phone AND your wi-fi enabled laptop.

Because of that fact, I had my own wi-fi installed at my home (not for my lgl45c, but for my wi-fi enabled laptop).

At any rate, on 6/9/2012 at 6:00 am I turned on the wi-fi of my phone, went through the update menu and within 5 minutes I had my update to lgl45ct2.

It downloads, installs, restarts the phone and changes the menu choice to "update firmware".

Quite quick and painless. I originally thought I was going to have to root my phone in order to get the firmare updates.
MDonah

Postby MDonah » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:37 am

Lord_Jereth wrote:Having the EXACT same problem. Can you send me the same info if you were able to solve this problem?

Thanks,

8-) LJ

I had the same problem when I used the library's wi-fi. At the time, I also had my laptop with me. I went to download something to the laptop and was denied access to the download page by the library's wi-fi!

So, because of that, I had my own wi-fi installed at my home the next day for my laptop.

At 6:00 am June 9th I turned on the wi-fi of my phone and went through the update menu. Within 5 minutes I had the update to lgl45ct2 :D .

It downloads, installs, restarts the phone and changes the menu choice to "update firmware".

I originally thought I was going to have to root my phone to get the firmware update!
John 3:16
MDonah

Postby elbaroark » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:46 pm

You will not be able to update the firmware or software on your phone at all. LG does not support it through the Update tool and when you download the software to update, it states that the package is invalid and will not let you update.

This is a problem that Net10 does not want to let happen becuase they know that as long as the Androids cannot update themselves that we will need to call and try to understand what they are saying about your account or phone. And honestly, they don't even document the information you provide them into the account in which is already setup for you when you get a phone with them. Then when you call and speak to someone, they are all too GODDAMN LAZY to look through the notes, if any, to see what has been tried and expect that you need to repeat everything all over again, such as resetting the phone back to factory defaults with no data connection and you cannot update anything or install anything on the phone.

My lawyer and I have been speaking about this the last few hours trying to figure out the best way to go about this lawsuit against Net10/Tracfone for their customer service issues and the way that they treat their customers.
elbaroark

Postby MDonah » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:40 am

[quote="elbaroark"]You will not be able to update the firmware or software on your phone at all. LG does not support it through the Update tool and when you download the software to update, it states that the package is invalid and will not let you update.

Apparently, you have a defective phone. The update was completely automatic on my phone. I have read many complaints about defects of the LGL45C. I guess they have manufacturing errors like everyone else.
John 3:16
MDonah

Postby alishafreeman » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:38 am

david wrote:Hi Solorzanoerik,

My name is Net10 David. We are sorry for the trouble. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum.

Thank you.

I NEED HELP WITH THIS!!!!!!!!!
alishafreeman

Postby Jessica1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:50 pm

Good day, alishafreeman. We're sorry for the trouble. My name is Jessica Net and I'll be addressing your concern. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Jessica1

Return to LG