LG800GHL Cannot connect to computer

LG800GHL Cannot connect to computer

Postby John1011 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:54 am

Hello, I have been trying to connect my LG800GHL phone to my computer for some time. The computer does not seem to recognize it. I have all the right parts (USB cable). Do you have to purchase a micro SD in order for a computer to recognize the phone as a storage unit? In the past, the computer was always able to recognize the internal memory within the phone.
John1011

Re: LG800GHL Cannot connect to computer

Postby Shelly » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:33 am

Hi, John1011. My name is NET10 Shelly and I will be addressing your question. It would be best to use a compatible micro SD card as an external storage device for your phone. This way your computer could easily recognize your phone. Please make sure also to use a compatible USB data cable. Thank you for your inquiry.
Net10 - Shelly
Shelly

Re: LG800GHL Cannot connect to computer

Postby MDonah » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:23 am

John1011 wrote:Hello, I have been trying to connect my LG800GHL phone to my computer for some time. The computer does not seem to recognize it. I have all the right parts (USB cable). Do you have to purchase a micro SD in order for a computer to recognize the phone as a storage unit? In the past, the computer was always able to recognize the internal memory within the phone.

The LG driver isn't part of the stock drivers that are installed with your operating system. You need the LG USB driver for the computer to recognize the phone. Get it from here:

http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-LG800G

If you purchase an SD card for the phone, don't get anything larger than 4GB. The phone won't recognize the additional storage beyond 4GB and you won't be able to access the card. A red "X" will show up in the SD card icon in the notification area at the top of the screen.
John 3:16
MDonah

Return to LG