Multiple issues transferring from one phone to another

Multiple issues transferring from one phone to another

Postby wolfcaller79 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:37 pm

ok, so i get that i need to make multiple posts before i'll be helped, because saying help once, well you may not really mean it, so say it 5 times just so we know you really need help.

Here's the story:
A couple years ago we purchased two LG900G phones and their unlimited plan, we have been on autopay unlimited ever since, been very happy with phones, service area, recommended to everyone. We felt it was a good time to upgrade our phones and get android equipment and black friday was here. So we did a ton of research on the LG45 (or LG Optimus Net), everything looked good, so I risked life and limb to get 2 of them. Within the next couple of days we noticed we barely had signal and never had more than 1G of internet which was upsetting. We called NET10 about it and were told that it's our fault, we shouldn't have been allowed to purchase that phone in this area because of no signal and we should have researched it. The call was very noisy from their end (like a market place) and the lady was hard to understand, rude and uncooperative. After offering her several options of what we'd like to do she said no, she was turning off the phone and sending a new SIM card for the old phone, but it would take a week for the phone to work, but we'd just have to deal with it. We were not happy with the outcome of that call.

So my husband starts doing more research on other phones to find one that gives us the options we want and the coverage we need. He lands on the ZTE Merit, buys two, calls NET10 Customer Service. Spoke with a very helpful (we thought) young man that used phrases like "no problem" "I get you" and "i've got you covered". Our instructions were: do not send the SIM, turned the LGOptimus Net back on for now and we'll switch when the Merits arrive. No Problem. I get you. I've got you covered. Well, neither of his phones were turned back on and the next day the SIM arrived with a message that said to make sure porting was completed before putting the SIM in or it would burn it. So we called CS to determine whether or not it was completed. Again, very noisy atmosphere, very rude man that didn't understand what I was saying and continued to say the same response over and over. I told him we'd call at a different time. (All 4 of us have been sick since Thanksgiving, including a 3 month baby, I'm their mother, take a guess who doesn't get to be sick, but my head ache was so bad I couldn't take the combo of CS background noise and the man's demeanor).

So, round 3, my husband calls to see if porting has been completed. He is on my phone for over 2 hours with customer service (<-- not so much). He was pushed from rep to rep, each as unhelpful, rude, and unintelligible as the last. Now they're telling him that he has to buy a 50 card from the store to re-activate his old phone and when we explained about the autopay unlimited she said that was fine, there would be no credit, you'd just be paid forward a month. Then it turns out that he will lose his phone number (that camels back is getting weaker) because the original CS rep put it back in the pool even after being told multiple times NOT TO AND the next guy said he had it covered. So after having worked on this switchover for the last 5 days and not having a phone himself for 3 of those days, and being on customer service off and on for most of that day, my husband was a bit testy. He tried ending the call multiple times and finally just hung up. After which we checked and still neither of his phones work. I checked the account online today and it shows that his LG900G has updates, make sure it's on and click here. I've done that and waited the "5 minutes" actually waiting more than 20 minutes at least 3 times today, still nothing doing with either of his phones. At this point, I'm scared to call customer service, why bother calling when I have it in my head they don't care to help, nor can they understand me nor i them, and their environment is so noisy i can't even hear the conversation and they're just going to do whatever they want anyway, in almost a spiteful way. so my only hope is to post here, i wish i knew why i felt so loyal to this company, my husband wants to switch, has already started looking and likes a couple options, i would like to surprise him when he gets home today with a solution that keeps us both with net10, saving money, keeping our numbers etc.

here's what our solution would be:
We receive the ZTE Merits that we've ordered.
They get activated with NET10.
We keep the phone numbers we've always had.
The end. Everyone's happy and we continue recommending NET10 to everyone just like we've been doing for the past couple years.
Until we receive the new phones it IS imperative that he have a working phone. One phone or another has got to be turned on and we don't have 24 -48 hrs for someone to start to help us, this needs resolved ASAP!
Last edited by wolfcaller79 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wolfcaller79

Re: Multiple issues transferring from one phone to another

Postby Net - Jayme » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:43 pm

Hi wolfcaller79. My name is NET Jayme. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline, so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Net - Jayme

Postby wolfcaller79 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:21 pm

3 hours later and all i have is that old message that says "let me check on that"
wolfcaller79

Postby wolfcaller79 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:56 am

:evil: THIS issue has still not been resolved, they sent me some codes, i put them in and were accepted, she said try making a call, i did, got a message that says out of airtime, i'm on the unlimited autopay, but apparently it didn't transfer, so i went into my account re-signed up for the unlimited autopay, still didn't work, i did a pay now (received an email thanking me for the payment) and it still didn't work, haven't heard from anyone since 7 or so last night and the phone still says unregistered SIM and out of airtime, WTF?! I'm starting to think my husband had the right idea and it's time to just leave NET10, am I going to have to go through all this garbage again when the other new phones show up? I thought online help would be the way to go but it looks like the only positive factor is I don't have to hear them be unhelpful. C'mon NET10, you can be better than this. They've completely lost my husbands original phone number, not even in their system anymore. This is day #5 of him not having a phone. No real way of getting in touch with him (or him with anyone) for the 14 hours he's gone a day just at work let alone if there's things that need be done after. :evil:
wolfcaller79

Postby wolfcaller79 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:09 am

ok, so after this mornings phone call from NET10 determined that the new SIM card they sent us was unusable, we've decided to turn back on his Optimus Net phone for the remaining few days before the Merits arrive, he still probably won't have service at work but oh well. I guess this is now resolved.
wolfcaller79

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general NET10 discussions.