Activate Unlocked Phone??

Activate Unlocked Phone??

Postby PossumJohn » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:32 pm

Hello!

We will be receiving an unlocked phone in the next few days as a gift for promotional purchasing a used car. Can I transfer my Net10 time & minutes and the phone # to this phone when we receive it?

Also, I would like to donate the old phone to an abused women's shelter. Is there any problems with doing that??

Thanks for your quick response,
PJ
PossumJohn

Re: Activate Unlocked Phone??

Postby Jennifer1 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi PossumJohn. My name is NET10 Jennifer and I will be addressing your question. The NET10 service will work exclusively with NET10 branded phones. I believe this answers your question. It’s been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
Jennifer1

Postby PossumJohn » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:05 am

Yes - that wasn't the answer that I was hoping for but it does definitely answer the 1st question. And I suppose it also answers the 2nd one about donating the phone to a charity unless they somehow contract through Net10. Hmmm - I may need to think about switching to a monthly plan with another provider. Well - thanks for your very quick reply!
PossumJohn

Postby PossumJohn » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:25 am

Well - I've been a satisfied customer of Net10 for about 2 years now. I was looking through the Net10 phone offerings and noticed that there are some phones offered by Net10 that may fill me needs. Perhaps I can sell the phone that I'm getting and purchase a Net10 phone with the proceeds. Are there any special offers that I can take advantage of for phones with QWERTY keyboards and Bluetooth capability (the reason we were given the phone with the car purchase)? Does Net10 buy back phone from customers who upgrade?

If I were to get a new Net10 phone, how can I transfer my address book from my old phone to a new one?

Thanks again,
PJ
PossumJohn

Postby Jennifer1 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:37 pm

PossumJohn: Phone offers vary in every zipcode. You can check the the available phone offers in your area here: http://www.net10.com/store_manager.jsp?task=buyphone. NET10 does not buy back phones. If your old phone and new phone are both bluetooth capable, you can transfer your address book through bluetooth otherwise, you can transfer it manually. I believe this answer your questions. It’s been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
Jennifer1

Postby PossumJohn » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Another question - Once I get the new Net10 phone, can I transfer my remaining minutes & time via the Net10 Web site or do I need to call customer support?
PossumJohn

Postby Jennifer1 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:47 pm

PossumJohn: You can transfer you airtime via our website using this link: https://www.net10.com/direct/init_activ ... activation. Thank you.
Jennifer1

Postby PossumJohn » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:14 pm

Thank you for answering my questions promptly & professionally! Have a great day! :D
PossumJohn

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general NET10 discussions.