When to reload monthly plan?

When to reload monthly plan?

Postby amar » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:08 pm

I'm an iPhone user, new to Net10. I'd love to use the $25/750 minute plan, but they only allow the $50 30-day unlimited plan on the iPhone, so that's what I'm using.

I get the warnings saying I have only 10 days, 7 days, 3 days remaining. I bought a monthly PIN from CallingMart, but don't know when to enter it. They state:
"Please note that this is a 30-day Monthly Plan card. NO Minutes will be carried over once you apply these plan cards. Any Minutes and Days of Service remaining on the phone will be erased…"

Does this really mean that if I apply the PIN on day 20, it'll wipe out the last 10 days of my previous service? Do I have to wait till the very last day of service (or for it to actually expire) before applying the PIN in order to not throw away service I've already paid for??? That'd be a huge pain.

(I know about the $45 auto-refill program, and was planning to make use of it. But Net10 adds over $6 of taxes and fees on top of this, so it ends up being $5 more expensive than a PIN from CallingMart. [$46.00 after 7% discount and $0.50 rewards points.])
amar

Re: When to reload monthly plan?

Postby Net - Louise » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:13 pm

Hi amar. Yes, you will lose the remaining services on the phone if you add the PIN prior to your service end date. However, you have the option to add the PIN to your NET10 Reserve. The PIN will be automatically added to your phone once you reach your due date. To know more about NET10 Reserve, please click on this link: https://www.net10.com/direct/Net10Reserve?app=NET10. Thank you.
Net - Louise

Postby amar » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:19 pm

Net - Louise wrote:Hi amar. Yes, you will lose the remaining services on the phone if you add the PIN prior to your service end date. However, you have the option to add the PIN to your NET10 Reserve. The PIN will be automatically added to your phone once you reach your due date. To know more about NET10 Reserve, please click on this link: https://www.net10.com/direct/Net10Reserve?app=NET10. Thank you.

Thanks, Louise. I'd seen the page you linked to about the Net10 Reserve, but still can't find where to actually add a PIN to my reserve, check what I already have in reserve, etc.

The only option I see is "Add Airtime", and it seems to want to add my PIN immediately, rather than put it in reserve. (And I don't want to risk doing that and losing days of service I've already paid for.)

Please tell me exactly which menu options I need to use to be able to directly add a monthly PIN to my reserve, and to check what PIN(s) I already have in reserve. It seems like there should be a "Manage your reserve" link somewhere, but I sure can't find one.

How many PINs can I have in reserve? Do they ever expire while in reserve? I wouldn't mind "stocking up" on monthly PINs when they go on sale, but don't want to risk having them expire on me.

There is a lot of conflicting information out there. Some articles suggest that adding a PIN before your previous one has run out will automatically place it in reserve. But that seems counter to what you just told me (that applying a PIN will wipe out a previous balance).

For example the article here states:
Q. How does my Service End Date change when I add Airtime Cards?
A. With our Improved Carry Over Benefit, the minutes and service days you add to your NET10 phone are added to the minutes and service days you already have.
Q. Will I lose the remaining minutes in my NET10 phone if I add an additional Airtime Card before my Service End Date?
A. No, you keep your minutes and/or service days and they do not expire with active service. With our Improved Carry Over Benefit, the minutes and service days you add to your NET10 phone are added to the minutes and service days you already have.
Q. What happens if I add another NET10 30 Day Monthly Plan prior to the 30 days?
A. Unlimited 30 Day Monthly Plans will be placed in your phone's NET10 Reserve and added automatically to your phone service, one by one, on a monthly basis. However, if you add another 750 Minutes Monthly Plan, you will lose any remaining Minutes and/or Service Days still available.

But a FAQ here says
Q. If I have Minutes and Service Days left on my phone and I then add a NET10 Unlimited 30 Day Monthly Plan or a 750 Minutes 30 Day Monthly Plan, do I keep my existing minutes and days?
A. No. Airtime cards may not be combined so by adding these cards, any Minutes and Days of Service remaining on the phone will be erased.

So, please tell me exactly what action causes my remaining service days to be lost, and exactly what action causes my PIN to go into reserve instead. And please don't say "Add Airtime" is the answer to both these questions!
amar

Postby Net - Louise » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi amar. You need to log in to your My Account in order for you to add your PIN on your reserve. Once you enter the PIN on the Add Airtime option, you will be prompt to add the PIN now or add the PIN to your Reserve. You can aslo send me a private message with the serial number of your phone and the PIN of the service card so I can further assist you. You need to submit one more post to enable your private messaging. Thank you.
Net - Louise

Postby ngiuliani » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:00 pm

do this apply to all phones?...the reserve
ngiuliani

Postby Net - Louise » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:07 pm

Hi ngiuliani. This is an exclusive service feature available for the 750 Minutes, Unlimited 30-day Monthly Plans and the Unlimited International Long Distance 30 Day Monthly Plan. Thank you.
Net - Louise

Postby amar » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:59 pm

Net - Louise wrote:Hi amar. You need to log in to your My Account in order for you to add your PIN on your reserve. Once you enter the PIN on the Add Airtime option, you will be prompt to add the PIN now or add the PIN to your Reserve.

OK. Thanks. This is a really poor user interface, since a user doesn't know if the "Add Airtime" option will wipe out their remaining service days or not until AFTER they've clicked the button. Out of fear of losing service days, I waited till my previous 30 days ran out before adding airtime, so I never saw the option to add the PIN to my reserve.

Can you answer my other questions:

1) How far in advance can you add a new PIN to your reserve?

2) How many PINs can you have in reserve? Is there any danger of them expiring while in reserve? (I might like to "stock up" on PINs when they go on sale.)

3) Is there any way to check what PINs you have in reserve? It seems like the only time you can access your reserve is when entering a new PIN, but I'd like to be able to see what I have in reserve at other times, too.
amar

Postby amar » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:52 pm

Net - Louise wrote:You need to log in to your My Account in order for you to add your PIN on your reserve. Once you enter the PIN on the Add Airtime option, you will be prompt to add the PIN now or add the PIN to your Reserve.

I tried this today, and it didn't work. I was logged into my account. I went to the Add Airtime screen, and entered my phone number and PIN. As soon as I hit the "Continue" button underneath, it activated my new PIN, thus SHORTCHANGING me of the remaining time on my previous PIN. I never saw ANY option whatsoever to add my PIN to my reserve. This is EXACTLY what I feared would happen, and I'm VERY unhappy about it.

It took me half the day just to get this far, since every time I tried to add airtime earlier in the day, it just said "An Error Has Occurred" and I cound't get any further.
amar

Postby Net - Ashley » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:49 pm

Hi amar. We’re sorry that you’re having a problem. Let me continue to help you. I've sent you a private message. Please check your forum inbox.
Net - Ashley

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your NET10.