can't receive pictures/mms on att galaxy 2s skyrocket.help

Re: can't receive pictures/mms on att galaxy 2s skyrocket.he

Postby chatterx2 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:20 am

I am going to save a lot of you some time here.... If your APN settings are entered correctly as shown on the website you are going to to get a message from customer service stating this "Your phone is provisioned correctly in our system. NET10 doesn’t guarantee that all features will work in our Bring Your Own Program. We recommend you to refer to your phone’s manufacturer for further assistance. Thanks."

This is obviously a very common issue that net10 does not want to address. I have a galaxy s2 skyrocket and they are trying to tell me my phone is incapable of receiving mms messages but can send them.... but yet THEIR normal galaxy s2 phone they sell for double what you can normally get it for will... what a crock!!!

So far I have come across two fixes for this. The first is free. Download an app called go sms pro. It replaces thestock messaging program and few have had luck. The other is buy a new at&t sime card off ebay and try it.... NOTE I SAID ebay!!! dont give any more of your money to a company that tosses your problem to the side but is quick to take your money when the payment is due.

I have tried the go sms pro with no luck. I have two SIM cards on the way (can be had for a buck on ebay!!!) will post my results when they come in friday.

chatterx2
chatterx2

Postby rayanne1979 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:02 pm

chatterx2 wrote:I am going to save a lot of you some time here.... If your APN settings are entered correctly as shown on the website you are going to to get a message from customer service stating this "Your phone is provisioned correctly in our system. NET10 doesn’t guarantee that all features will work in our Bring Your Own Program. We recommend you to refer to your phone’s manufacturer for further assistance. Thanks."

This is obviously a very common issue that net10 does not want to address. I have a galaxy s2 skyrocket and they are trying to tell me my phone is incapable of receiving mms messages but can send them.... but yet THEIR normal galaxy s2 phone they sell for double what you can normally get it for will... what a crock!!!

So far I have come across two fixes for this. The first is free. Download an app called go sms pro. It replaces thestock messaging program and few have had luck. The other is buy a new at&t sime card off ebay and try it.... NOTE I SAID ebay!!! dont give any more of your money to a company that tosses your problem to the side but is quick to take your money when the payment is due.

I have tried the go sms pro with no luck. I have two SIM cards on the way (can be had for a buck on ebay!!!) will post my results when they come in friday.

chatterx2

thank you for your post. I knew it had to be a net10 problem because I have 5 different phones on net10 2 galaxy note 2's, 2 Iphone 4s and a htc One and none can receive picture messages
rayanne1979

Postby chatterx2 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:57 pm

Ahhh rayanne1979.... One can easily glance at the forums and see its a pretty common issue; however, NET10 is incapable of doing so. Funny how if a customer is having an issue heads are turned but once that customer has trouble paying the bill they are right on top of it.

I am curious... where did you get your sim cards from?? did they come in a three pack??

I am thinking about making a thread and getting all of us people who are having this problem with the BYOP and comparing things such as the above or android versions to find out if we can find a common solution. Net10 isn't gonna do anything.
chatterx2

Postby blondie502 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:29 pm

thank you for your help..please let me know if u find a solution i will do the same
blondie502

Postby lmsart » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:37 pm

Ditto here;

Has anyone had any luck? I just got my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 from Net 10 and it too doesn't receive pics in mms, so it's not just the BYOP phones, it's the Net 10 phones as well. I'll be watching...I hope someone comes up with a solution or I'll be sending my phone back before the end of the week.
lmsart

Postby chatterx2 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:46 pm

Blondie... please visit this thread

viewtopic.php?f=5774&t=135353

I fixed my issue with a new SIM card
chatterx2

Postby netses » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:41 am

This is the 4th post I have attempted to make concerning this same problem. Everything seems to work on the Skyrocket accept receiving mms. Have two like this in the family. One with T-mobile sim works. One with AT&T sim will not download the mms. In our area the at&t has 4g connection. The t-mobile does not.

As mentioned, this is the 4th attempt to post and have it show up on the board. So far none of the other posts (all over a week old now) have never even shown up. I do get the message that they have been received and will be checked by the powers that be, but nothing happens after that. Weird huh?

Hope to see this and the other one show up soon so I can qualify for private messaging.
netses

Postby Net - Kyle » Sun May 05, 2013 6:08 pm

lmsart wrote:Ditto here;

Has anyone had any luck? I just got my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 from Net 10 and it too doesn't receive pics in mms, so it's not just the BYOP phones, it's the Net 10 phones as well. I'll be watching...I hope someone comes up with a solution or I'll be sending my phone back before the end of the week.

Hi lmsart. My name is Net10 Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
Net - Kyle

Postby Net - Kyle » Sun May 05, 2013 6:09 pm

netses wrote:This is the 4th post I have attempted to make concerning this same problem. Everything seems to work on the Skyrocket accept receiving mms. Have two like this in the family. One with T-mobile sim works. One with AT&T sim will not download the mms. In our area the at&t has 4g connection. The t-mobile does not.

As mentioned, this is the 4th attempt to post and have it show up on the board. So far none of the other posts (all over a week old now) have never even shown up. I do get the message that they have been received and will be checked by the powers that be, but nothing happens after that. Weird huh?

Hope to see this and the other one show up soon so I can qualify for private messaging.

Hi netses. My name is Net10 Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
Net - Kyle

Postby amz5003 » Tue May 07, 2013 5:05 pm

I had success with these settings after many back and forths with a Net10 site moderator.

Name: net10
APN: att.mvno (if i used the wap.tracfone i got no data. I switched this myself and got data and mms to work
Port: 80
mmsc: http://mmsc.cingular.com
mms proxy: 66.209.11.32
mms port: 80

Good luck.
amz5003

PreviousNext

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your NET10.