The voicemail problem

The voicemail problem

Postby kiraly » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Several people have already posted about this, but I am having the issue where I am unable to set up my voicemail. I opened a ticket on it and received an e-mail which included this information:"To establish your voice mailbox from your NET10 Wireless phone press andhold the 1 key. When prompted enter the last four digits of your NET10phone number which is your temporary pass code."When I press and hold the 1 key, I am given two options: dial the ten-digit number of the person I want to leave a voicemail for, or press the # key "if you have a mailbox on this system". It does not prompt me to enter a pass code, it asks for my mailbox number. I don't have a mailbox number, I have tried every combination of numbers related to my phone that I can come up with. The last four digits of my phone number do not work. Since I had my old phone number transferred to this phone, I have even tried both numbers: the number I transferred to the phone, and the "phone number" listed in the prepaid menu. Nothing works.Also, for the convenience of whoever takes this case, here is the exact text of the e-mail I received (minus my name and bits about "thank you for choosing Net10). That way you won't have to waste time sending me information I already have access to (which has failed to solve the problem)."Thank you for your interest in NET10 Wireless. We are responding to yourrecent inquiry.We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for anyinconvenience you may have experienced while setting up your voicemail.To set up your voicemail from your NET10:To establish your voice mailbox from your NET10 Wireless phone press andhold the 1 key. When prompted enter the last four digits of your NET10phone number which is your temporary pass code.For instructions on how to set up your voicemail, please refer to thevoicemail section on our website. You can also refer to your user guide(a copy of the user guide is available on our website). For moreinformation on the voicemail feature, please click on the following link(or copy and paste onto your web browser):https://www.net10.com/voice_mail_redirect.jsp?AID=VMLN.If you have forgotten your voicemail pass code and wish to have itreset, please reply to this email with your request or call one ofcustomer care representatives for assistance.All calls made to your voicemail from your NET10 will deduct airtimeunits. To avoid being deducted airtime, it is recommended that youcontact your voicemail from a landline phone, by dialing your ten-digitmobile number. You must interrupt your greeting by pressing either (*)or (#) and enter your voicemail pass code.If you have forgotten your voicemail pass code and wish to have itreset, please reply to this email with your request or call one ofcustomer care representatives for assistance.If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact one of ourcustomer care representatives at 1-888-251-8164. For your convenience,our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 10:45 PMEST."
kiraly

Re: The voicemail problem

Postby Vince1 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:46 am

Hi kiraly. My name is NET Vince. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
NET - Vince
Vince1

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your NET10.