Insufficient memory

Insufficient memory

Postby msthecia » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:36 pm

I have an LG 900 and I love everything about it escept when I try to access certain websites it tells me insufficient memory and logs me off. I even bought an 8gb micro sd to put it, and it still won't work.
When I try to format my micro sd it freezes, even though there is only 9 songs on there. I'm not sure what the problem is. Please help. Thank you.
msthecia

Re: Insufficient memory

Postby Lindsay » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:01 am

Hi msthecia. My name is Net10 Lindsay. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly at the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Lindsay

Postby melissa21586 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:04 am

Hi, I just bought the same phone, and im having the SAME Problem! i have a memory card in the phone and its saying i have insufficient memory when i only have 2-ringtones, and NO pics saved to the phone! im getting so frustrated because when this message keeps comming up when im online i keep getn kickd of the internet too
melissa21586

Postby Che1 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:17 am

Good day melissa21586! The ‘insufficient memory’ message typically appears when you attempt to access a non-mobile site or a mobile site that is not profiled for your particular phone model and is too large for the phone to handle. There are a number of mobile web browsers available (such as Opera Mini) that compress the web pages and the amount of data used. Downloading such a browser will address your issue with ‘insufficient memory’ and allow you to access most of your favorite websites with ease. Hope this answers your question. Thanks.
Che1

Postby InHisName » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:18 am

Che1 wrote:Good day melissa21586! The ‘insufficient memory’ message typically appears when ......... Hope this answers your question. Thanks.
Thanks for posting this tip and not hiding it inside a private offline message.
InHisName

Postby dbolling » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:14 am

;) Go to http://m.opera.com and download opera mini 4.4 if you have the LG900G it works great. Even allows you to download. Although the phone doesn't allow any JAVA apps to access the file system so you can't upload or save pages (which is really LAME)
Be nice to one person a day and watch the world change one person at a time.
dbolling

Postby RecycledElectrons » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:54 pm

msthecia wrote:I even bought an 8gb micro sd to put it, and it still won't work.

The LG900G can only use 4GB and smaller micro-SD cards.

If you format the 8GB card on a desktop PC, you can use about 2GB on your phone before it messes up.

Also, don't forget to set the PRIMARY STORAGE SETTING to EXTERNAL MEMORY under MENU => SETTINGS =>MEMORY INFO. => PRIMARY STORAGE SETTING.
RecycledElectrons

Postby RecycledElectrons » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:56 pm

dbolling wrote:;) Go to http://m.opera.com and download opera mini 4.4 if you have the LG900G it works great.

Great suggesion.

dbolling wrote:Even allows you to download.

I did not think that was the case. I'll have to test this.

dbolling wrote:Although the phone doesn't allow any JAVA apps to access the file system so you can't upload or save pages (which is really LAME)

I love that level of paranoid secuity. It beats having to worry about phone viruses.
RecycledElectrons

Postby cjhwoodworking » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:34 am

SAME THING ON MY PHONE HELP,HELP,HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cjhwoodworking

Postby cjhwoodworking » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:11 am

THANK YOU FOR OPERA IDEA !!!! THIS PHONE CAN DO SOMETHING NOW!!!
cjhwoodworking

Next

Return to Accessing websites and other Web discussions.