Configure APN for NET10 on iPhone

Re: Configure APN for NET10 on iPhone

Postby araske » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:17 pm

Thank you for answering my question about data apn. Someone here had mentioned that MMS didn't work until they jailbroke phone. Is there anyway that Net10 can provision the sim to enable the MMS to work without jailbreaking or other work arounds. With my current prepaid carrier my MMS does work (without jailbreaking or work around), originally it did not. One work around is to remove APN profile, but keep data on then send MMS. Then reinstall apn profile. The work around is a bit time consuming and not really all that practical. The work around is better than nothing, but I much prefer to be able to send MMS normally. Does Net 10 have the capablilities to enable the MMS to work on iphone through provision of the sim? I am still deciding if I want to pursue transferring services to Net 10.

8-)
araske

Postby araske » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:29 pm

Does MMS work properly on the iphone without having to jailbreak or use work arounds? In a previous post someone had mentioned that MMS did not work on their iphone until they jailbreaked their phone.
araske

Postby NET10 - Jhonally » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:44 am

Good day araske! You must jailbreak your phone or the phone must be unlocked in order to update the APN settings so you can access browser and send/receive MMS. Thank you.
NET10 - Jhonally

Postby araske » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:12 am

Thank you for the reply. I bought an official unlocked iphone 4S from Apple so MMS should work then. Even though mine is unlocked with no carrier affiliation, i dont have data settings. I have to use iphone configuration utility to add the data apn profile. For MMS i only have the ability to turn off or on, no settings for it. It does work now, but it didnt the first 5 months of service with current carrier. One day it started working. I had read on apple website that the carriers have to provision the sim to allow mms. That might explain why it took months. I want to switch to Net 10, but i just want to make sure that MMS will work without jailbreaking an unlocked iphone and without a long wait that I experienced with current carrier. If yes, then i will purchase a net 10 at&t sim card as the net 10 $50 plan is a really good bargin. You have provided good online customer service, thank you. :P
araske

Postby Jessica1 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:02 pm

Good day, Araske. My name is Jessica Net and I'll be addressing your concern. You may follow the steps below after purchasing a BYOP SIM card from us so your umlocked phone will be working promptly and properly. We hope this helps. Thank you.

gdevinney wrote:Phone must be unlocked and must have unlimited Phone & data from NET10

iPhone configuration utility worked great to configure APN for NET10
Worked great, thanks.

Download iPhone configuration utility
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1466

Access Point Name (APN): att.mvno
Access Point User Name: <NET10 ACCOUNT USERNAME>
Access Point Password: <NET10 ACCOUNT USER PASSWORD>
Proxy Server and Port: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com:80

Under General Must Have
Name: Net10 George (USER DEFINED)
Identifier: I (USER DEFINED)
Description: (USER DEFINED)
Jessica1

Postby michambers1994 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:34 am

How do I provision my sim card, I'm having the same problem?
michambers1994

Postby Charisse » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:23 am

Hi michambers1994. My name is NET10 Charisse. Let me help you. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Charisse

Postby zoom2aware » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:35 pm

Will Net10 sim card work with iphone4?
zoom2aware

Postby zoom2aware » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:37 pm

Are there any limits with web usage on net10 50$ plan when you have a smartphone?
zoom2aware

Postby zoom2aware » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:38 pm

If I have locked AT@T iPhone4S, shall I unlock it before purchasing net10 sim card or it can be used unlocked?
zoom2aware

PreviousNext

Return to Accessing websites and other Web discussions.