Configure APN for NET10 on iPhone

Re: Configure APN for NET10 on iPhone

Postby Sophie1 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:12 am

Hi zoom2aware. My name is Straight Talk Sophie and I will be addressing your question. As long as the phone is an AT&T GSM phone, T-Mobile GSM phone, or an UNLOCKED domestic GSM phone, then it should work. For AT&T compatible phones, there is no need to unlock it. To view more about the BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) program, you can visit this site www.straighttalkSIM.com. Thanks.
NET10 - Sophie
Sophie1

Postby nattonline » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:51 am

I also need help with this issue. I have UNLOCKED iPhone 3Gs from AT&T and I cannot get the data to work even after changing APN with Unlockit.co.nz

Few more thing I wanna mention. "Data Cellular Network" is hidden on my iPhone unless I put in T-Mobile Sim Card, then that function shows up. I tried to the sim swap method, but the setting didn't save after I exit the menu and swap the sim back to Net10

I hope this can be fixed because I don't want to pay $50 just for talk and text :(
nattonline

Postby Anne2 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:20 am

Hi nattonline. My name is NET10 Anne. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly at the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
NET10 - Anne
Anne2

Postby nattonline » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Oh my god. Sim swapping method just worked. Now I can browse the web and Send/receive MMS. I hope it stays this way even after the reboot or updating to iSO6
nattonline

Postby Jessica1 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:50 pm

We're glad to knoew that, nattonline. Should you have any concerns with your NET10 service, please let us know. Thank you.
Jessica1

Postby pashaveliki » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:18 am

I have followed all of the instructions (including downloading the iPhone Configuration Utility) on this forum using the information provided:
"Access Point Name (APN): att.mvno
Access Point User Name: <NET10 ACCOUNT USERNAME>
Access Point Password: <NET10 ACCOUNT USER PASSWORD>
Proxy Server and Port: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com:80

Under General Must Have
Name: Net10 George (USER DEFINED)
Identifier: I (USER DEFINED)
Description: (USER DEFINED)"

I have just purchased an iPhone 4s factory unlocked from apple and a net10 sim... and after following these instructions I can't as of yet get a 3G signal of any kind.

What exactly is my account username? my account user password? and under (USER DEFINED) what am I supposed to type?

I'm sorry if this sounds all very noobish but i've been banging my head with this phone all day trying to figure it out to no avail.

Thanks.
pashaveliki

Postby Jessica1 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Good day, pashaveliki. We're sorry for the trouble. My name is Jessica Net and I'll be addressing your concern. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Jessica1

Postby tazyd » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:16 pm

I have been trying to get my iphone 3g to have access to the internet and pic msgs. My new Net10 sim works great for calls and regular text and that's it. I have tried to figure out how to jailbreak, unlock, reconfigure and general done everything I can think of. Seems to me Net 10 should have figured this out before the offered this service. I went from a LG800 with the 750 minute plan that worked great for $25.00 to the $50.00 a month unlimited plan that works like crap. Anyone with Net10 care?
tazyd

Postby NET10 - Jhonally » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:42 am

Hi tazyd. My name is NET10 Jhonally. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
NET10 - Jhonally

Postby tazyd » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:52 pm

it's been almost 12 hours did you mean you would help me today?, tomorrow?, or next week?
tazyd

PreviousNext

Return to Accessing websites and other Web discussions.