How do I get apps?

How do I get apps?

Postby km1021 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:35 pm

How do I download apps to my LG900 phone? Getjar.com, the site listed in the services guide that came with the phone doesn't work and there are no apps or games on the Net10 website.
km1021

Re: How do I get apps?

Postby Shelly » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:19 am

Hi km1021. My name is Net10 Shelly. Sorry that you're having a problem. I will try to help you now. What happen whenever you try to log in to getjar.com? Do you get any error message? Please let us know. Thank you.
Net10 - Shelly
Shelly

Postby km1021 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:19 pm

Everthing goes well on getjar until the very end, and then I get a message saying I don't have enough memory. I added a 4gb memory card in my phone but I still get the same message when trying to download.
km1021

Postby km1021 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:22 pm

Everything goes well until I get a message saying I don't have enough memory. I installed a 4g memory card but I still get the same message.
km1021

Postby km1021 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:46 pm

Obviously, I am not going to find answers here.
km1021

Postby bentjen » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:21 pm

On getjar.com you have too look for the LG GW300 phone, which is the british version of the LG900G. The apps work just fine. Now to get them on your phone, I would recommend doing what I do. Download them to your computer then onto your memory card (either with a USB cable or if you have a microSD card reader). Then installing them from the memory card works fine.
bentjen

Postby Jessica1 » Tue May 31, 2011 2:47 pm

Good day, km1021. Sorry for the trouble. My name is Jessica Net and I'll be addressing your concern. You'll need to download an application like Opera Mini to expand your phone's data capability. Try to download it and let me know if it works. Thank you.
Jessica1

Postby PGgirl » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:00 am

Know this is an older post, but just wanted to say that on my LG900g I had the same issue with downloaded getjar apps not working etc. They have a choice for the LG900g on the site, but seems like some of the apps don't work with this phone. Using the LG GW300 choice seems to bring up more apps that download correctly and work.

I have a 4gb card in the phone so I download to the computer and then copy them to the card using the USB connection. By the way, at least on my computer, the pop up box that comes up showing the folders etc on the phone is the one for the phone itself, not the memory card.

I prefer to keep the phone memory as clear as possible and so put everything I can on the memory card. What I have to do is go to "My Computer" and the phone shows up as two USB connected drives with different letter designations. I click properties on them to find the one that is the 4gb memory card and then open that one to copy apps etc. too.

Once done and the phone is safely removed then you just click on the phones menu, go to the program you just loaded on and click it. With mine I go to My Folder and then option down to the Other tab and click on that. Then just a matter of highlighting and clicking the program you just loaded on the phone. The install takes just a moment.

Oh, and I'm using Opera Mini 4.3 with good results. There is a signed version that is Opera Mini 6, but I've not tried that one. When I put in the phone model (believe I used LG GW300) the Opera Mini site said that their testing had concluded that the 4.3 version was the optimum. Only thing a bit annoying about it is that you have to click to confirm you want to continue when accessing sites. The pop up that comes up says something about how additional data costs may apply.

Anyway, hope that helps someone. Cheers
PGgirl

Postby wombat » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:13 pm

Is the opera mini browser better than the bolt browser? Does anyone have an informed opinion? Thanks.
wombat

Postby wombat » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:27 pm

Are there any other sites other than getjar to find apps at? Thanks for your help.
wombat

Next

Return to Have fun and enhance your NET10 experience.
Post questions and get answers here.