how do i port my net10 phone number to my new cricket phone?

how do i port my net10 phone number to my new cricket phone?

Postby lisamarkham » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:14 am

i've been using net10 for about 2 months, i got a new cricket phone and activated it so now i have a new phone number with cricket.

i want to have my old net10 phone number ported over to my new cricket phone so i don't have to have a whole new phone number.

how do i do this? i called the cricket phone number porting line and some guy told me that i couldn't do that but i know you can.

before when i tried i was told i needed my net10 account number and net10 doesn't have account numbers so what do i do when they ask me for a account number from my net10 account? i heard use my serial number from net10 instead?

and right now since i got a new phone with cricket, my july-august monthly payment ended with net10 so now my net10 number is "inactive". apparently to be able to port your number over to cricket your old phone number account has to be active? so does that mean i'd have to put money on my net10 account to make it active to be able to transfer it to cricket?

so long story short..what is my net10 account number and do i need to put money on my net10 account to make it active to be able to port my number to cricket?
lisamarkham

Re: how do i port my net10 phone number to my new cricket ph

Postby NET10 - Jhonally » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:30 am

Hi. My name is NET10 Jhonally and I will be addressing your question. Since your NET10 phone is no longer active, it must be reactivated in order to port your phone number to the new Service Provider. Once it is active, please call the new Service Provider to start the port process. I believe this answers your question. Have a great day!
NET10 - Jhonally

Return to Making the transition to NET10 prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.