Porting Verizon Numbers to Net10

Re: Porting Verizon Numbers to Net10

Postby email4butch » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:51 pm

called Net10 Rep.. on phone 14 minutes ya-hoo!!!! problem fixed...

these forums are ok if you're a turtle
:lol:
email4butch

Postby Net - Nancy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi. My name is Net Nancy. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum.
Net - Nancy

Postby TinaG » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:55 pm

I am also interested because we are having a very similar issue. WE NEED HELP!
TinaG

Postby NET10 - Jhonally » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:42 am

Hi TinaG. My name is NET10 Jhonally. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
NET10 - Jhonally

Postby email4butch » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:15 pm

I ended up calling the 877 number.... I shutter when I call because sometimes, during the peek of the day, you can end up on hold for 15 to 20 minutes... which of course comes off your time... ((which then you can fill out a form and get those minutes back)), the problem was on their end.. i had been given a credit, but the girl had error keyed in more minutes than what you could have.. that threw up a flag so the system thought the phone was hacked.. not a biggie.. phone reset in 14 minutes and they started the 750 minutes and 30 day time on my card all over again...
:D

The problem I think is that NET10 is growing faster than they can get people and Techs on board... These forums are nice to see what issues are out there, but they are really too slow in their response time.. and if you look, you'll see they only have a few working these forums at a time.. which no doubt, over extends what help they can provide...

I had Verizon since the "Can you hear me now" commercials.. and am very Happy with Net10... ;) of course you have to accept their slow response on customer service being on hold but............. Everyone I have ever talked to and is very pleasant, wants to help you out.. will get a Manager to authorize changes while you're on the phone.. and are very sincere in wanting you to be happy with your service... filling out a form or asking for the minutes to be rebated is easy, and they won't argue about it... so far.. a couple of hic-cups but over all... very happy..

I have better coverage now with Net10, uses AT&T carrier so I now have no dead spots in my house, phone reception is crystal clear..... ;)
email4butch

Postby shippwrecked » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:48 am

I have tried unsatisfactorily, to contact Net10 over and over about transferring my husbands phone number from Verison to Net10 for nearly a month!! Now his number is changed to something different and the number he has is not what it is suppose to be!! why is this so difficult? and the current service with Verison runs out in 2 days!! Then I guess it can't be transferred!!! GGGRRRRRR. :evil: :evil: :evil:
shippwrecked

Postby Stephanie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:17 pm

Hi shippwrecked. My name is NET10 Stephanie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum.
Net - Stephanie
Stephanie

Postby email4butch » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:54 pm

Porting your number from Verizon is a delicate task.. appears Verizon will not comply if anything is out of order even the slightest...
We ported over 2 phones from Verizon.. I first did my wife's... Verizon will not allow a port unless Net10 has either your password, or your pin.... the kicker is, none of us with Verizon use a pin..so you have 2 choices... set up a pin with Verizon, which means calling their Customer Service since they have no links on your My Verizon Page to change or select a new one... or give Net10 your password to your account....
I did the latter but before I did, I went in an deleted my personal credit card and bank information... call me paranoid.. but that's how I did it...
So when you create an account for Net10 on line, it gives you plenty of options to enter in the information.. we ported over the first phone and it went through without any issues.. a few days later when I was sure everything was set.. I ported over my phone... I had some issues but they were typo related so it didn't take long to correct them...
Once your contract is up with Verizon, there's no need to sign on to a new one... just keep going with your Verizon Service until you do have your phones ported over... and again as I have posted in other areas on this forum... dialing the 877 number is your best bet.. average wait time for me has been around 12 minutes.. some longer, some shorter...
email4butch

Postby nuke » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:52 pm

zolft helps
Nuke
nuke

Previous

Return to Making the transition to NET10 prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.