No Voice Service, at home location only

No Voice Service, at home location only

Postby DaveCaryIl » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:56 pm

About 6 weeks ago, the local tower was upgraded somehow. Most of my neighbors found their cell phones did not work fully in one way or another. These folks managed to get their service restored through their respective carriers.

We have two Net10s and both have lost all voice function at home. Incoming callers are told to check the number. Incoming calls register instantly as "missed calls". Outgoing calls from the Net10 never start a ring tone, just end. Text messages do get through.

I can be on the Net10 phone and as I get within a half mile of home the sound quality starts to fade and the call is cut off. There are always 5 full bars of signal.

Customer service has advised to turn the phone off, remove the battery, remove the SIM card and reverse. This does not work.

Looks like after two years of good service with Net10 we will have to go to another carrier for these two phones, but we don't want to have to do this.

Is this normal?
DaveCaryIl

Re: No Voice Service, at home location only

Postby elle » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi DaveCaryIl. My name is NET10 elle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
elle

Postby DaveCaryIl » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:21 am

Elle,

Please email me directly at my address in my profile. I am not able/authorized to respond to your message on the webpage. I will return to you with the serial number.
DaveCaryIl

Postby elle » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:57 am

DaveCaryIl, make a duplicate post or at least five posts so you can respond to my private messages. Thanks.
elle

Return to Links to NET10 service maps and discussions about coverage.