Poor reception Puerto Rico

Poor reception Puerto Rico

Postby oldwarrior » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:11 am

We have 3 Net10 phones active at this time at home. My wife and one of our sons have an LG300 no letter at the end of the model. Our other son has an LG300G. The LG300's with no letter at the end have an amazing reception everywhere. However, the LG300G has a very poor reception. We tried testing the phones on the same spot at the house and the 2 LG300's have all the bars and work like a charm but the LG300G has one or two bars and even with that it can not generate or receive a call. Sometimes the LG300G has all the bars but does not receive calls, it goes directly to voice mail.

We found, by chance, that the two LG300's with no letter at the end use the towers (apparently) from Claro/PRT (formerly Verizon) in Puerto Rico. I have a phone with service from that company and there was a breakdown and my phone and the two LG300's showed the same problems and gave the same error messages. It may have been a coincidence but it happened more than once.

When at home the two LG300's have reception everywhere but the LG300G only has reception in the living room.

Is there a way to change the LG300G to the same provider as the other two phones?

This is very frustrating because the phones look exactly the same (same model except for the G) but they obviously do not give the same performance. Other than that we are very satisfied with the service.

Re: Poor reception Puerto Rico

Postby Jennifer1 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:17 am

Hi Oldwarrior. My name is NET10 Jennifer. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.

Postby oldwarrior » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi everyone,

It took some time but now I have excellent reception in Puerto Rico.

I want to thank the tech support team specially Jennifer, Rafael, Stephanie and Ana. They proved to be most helpful and kind during the process of transferring my service to the towers with better coverage in Puerto Rico.

I know every case is different but I consider mine a story of success.

Thank you all!

Postby 50000minutes » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:25 pm

Will be going to Puerto Rico soon. What do we have to do to make sure we have reception there? I know there will be "dead zones" but want to have the best coverage possible set up.

Thank you.

Postby Shelly » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:33 am

Hi, 50000minutes. My name is NET10 Shelly and I will be addressing your inquiry. The coverage will depend on the phone technology that the area could support. We may need to have more information so we can verify the coverage and phone compatibility. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Thank you.
Net10 - Shelly

Return to Links to NET10 service maps and discussions about coverage.