Using GSM Phone from another carrier by switching sim cards

Thank you for visiting the NET10 Forum, your one-stop resource for NET10 information.

Using GSM Phone from another carrier by switching sim cards

Postby Loressa88 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:57 pm

I love the net 10 service and will never go back to contracts. However, my daughter , a teenager, wants a phone not available from the selection that is carrier. She wants a blackberry and I can get one that is GSM and has a sim card. I need to know if I can take the sim card out of her current net10 phone and put it into one of these blackberrys and have net10 service. Please help.
Loressa88

Re: Using GSM Phone from another carrier by switching sim ca

Postby Stephanie » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:04 am

Hi Loressa. My name is NET10 Stephanie and I will be addressing your question. You cannot use any other phones aside from Net10 phones with the Net10 service. If you will insert the sim card on the Blackberry phone, that will not work because it is restricted. I believe this answers your question. It's been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
Net - Stephanie
Stephanie

Postby Sarah10 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:35 pm

Is that true even if the other phone has been unlocked? It was my understanding that a phone that's been locked by one carrier won't recognize a SIM card from another, but that SIM cards can be transferred between unlocked phones.
Sarah10

Postby Casey1 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:55 am

Hi. My name is TracFone Casey and I will be addressing your question. For simcards, you cannot switch them between phones even if it's both Net10. A phone will only work with the simcard that came with it or a simcard that has been programmed by us and sent to the customer. I believe this answers your question. It's been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
Casey1

Return to Welcome